Today I’ve got a fab little 3D paper project for Valentine’s Day. I’ve used the gorgeous Painted with Love DSP for mine, as it has the sweet little hearts on, but you could use any that you have.
It’s a simple project, you will need:
Tiny heart framelit (I used the one from Everyday Jars)
Small white circle (I made one using the ! from Large Letters, but you could use any small circle framelit or punch you have).
Ok, so here are the Step By Step instructions;
- Cut your card stock to 4 1/8″ x 5 5/8″
2. Score the card PORTRAIT at 1 3/8″ & 2 6/8″
Score the card LANDSCAPE at 1 3/8″ & 4 1/4″
3. Next cut the tabs as shown below, making a little triangle cut so they sit better when making the box up.
4. Stick the box together, I used Glue Dots, but glue or tape, or whatever you have will be equally as great.
5. Now cut your DSP to 6″ x 2 7/8″.
6. Score at 3/4″ LANDSCAPE, turn and score again 3/4″. (In other words you’re scoring 3/4″ from both sides).
7. Fold the paper over so it resembles a tunnel shape. Cut a piece of card into two strips of 1 1/2″ x 2 7/8″ and stick one to the bottom of the tunnel and one inside. Hopefully, the photos below help!?
8. Lastly cut a slither of card to make the post. Stick the tiny glimmery heart to the white circle and then put it all together. The box slides into the tunnel, and the post sticks onto the outside. You can fit quite a few little chocolate treats inside for that someone special. Or you could just scoff them yourself!?
I hope the instructions were easy to follow? Please do message me with any questions, and I would love to see your finished Mail Boxes. Tag me in on Instagram @mamadothestamp
All the materials & equipment used are Stampin’ Up! and can be purchased from my online shop.
Please head over to my fellow crafty Mama, Elizabeth, who I share our new Instagram page @_paperie_ with, as she has some Uber cute little Valentine’s Card ideas for you. Click here to go straight to her blog post.
Happy Valentine’s Day ❤